Friday, August 14, 2009

Men's Jewelry

I have been trying to make masculine jewelry for a while. I get asked for it at least once per sale I attend, yet everytime I point out what I have made they either laugh or turn up their noses. But not once have "these men" told me what they would like or give me ideas. I even directly ask them and I still get no response.



Thankfully my nephew has been making leather cuffs. He lets me take them to some of my shows and this adds to my table. Men and women look at them. Check out his etsy shop at http://www.johntheleatherman.etsy.com/



I would like to be able to make some things myself though. I have made a custom bracelet once and the guy loved it. So I thought if I duplicated the colors and style (just not exactly) someone else would like it also. Not the case. This is one bracelet they turn their noses up at. Actually I have a picture of it on my website. If you know what is wrong with it let me know.



I also made hemp necklaces for one guy. I have sold a couple of those at a street fair but that is about it.

So.... I have been trying but I've been getting nowhere. If anyone has any ideas of what I can make or what style men like, I would greatly appreciate the input. Otherwise I will keep on trying the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment