Friday, October 30, 2009

My Little Paintings

My sister amazes me. Her name is Cathy Lendvoy and she is a very talented painter. She has painted since we were little and I still have one of her "early works". I unfortunately misplaced it as I was wanting to show it here. (I had it last week and showed one member of my family, but not one of them remembers seeing it. This is happening a lot in my house. Maybe our ghost is back!)

She has grown in her work (as you would have seen if I had the other picture. I will post it if I find it.) She paints many different things but my favorite are the scenery. The ones that are most amazing to me are the tiny scrabble tiles she paints on. The tiny details she puts into every one are astounding. Photos do not do these pendants (or her other paintings) justice. You really need to see them in person to appreciate them fully.

Here are a few of my favorite ones.
This one is a painted scrabble tile. I love how beautiful this looks. Dandylion seed never looked so good!

I want paintings similar to this pendant in a much larger size for my living room walls. I love the colors she used.

Look at the tiny detail on this one. This is a bit larger than a scrabble tile but it is still only 1x1 1/4". Wow!



She even has painted bookmarks. This one is 7x2 1/2". Look at all the detail! (I think only half of the picture came here with me. Check her site for the whole thing!)


Every painting is signed and dated. She puts so much work into everything she does.

Go to her etsy shop to see more of her work.


If you live near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan I will hopefully be bringing her pendants with me next time I set up at the Town and Country Mall on November 12 - 14, 2009. Come and see them there.



No comments:

Post a Comment