Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What colors do you like?

I always seem to be stuck on the same color patterns or combinations. Some combinations I absolutely love while others are just easy when I don't have a lot of time but I need to make a lot of things.

I don't think I have mentioned it here yet, but I am a lampworker. I have been making glass beads since 2004. I unfortunately don't have a tremendous amount of extra time to make the beads, after working full time, raising 3 children, helping my husband with his business, and trying to promote my own work at craft sales and online. I do love to sit down and create, create, create. It is just hard to find that time to sit. So when I do actually have that time, I am usually rushed to cram out as much as possible in the short period I have. Hence the many, many dot patterns I have.

I tend to use white, black,or ivory with most of my beads - usually as the dots. They do look classically nice, however, they don't look as unique as I would like them to be. I do venture off the beaten path once in a while but those times are few and far between.

What I would like to know (to have your help with) is to hear what color combinations you think are nice. What ones you think really are not good together.

I have a tremendous amount of green bracelets, which I noticed at my last craft sale. My favorite color is blue. You would think I would have a lot of blue, but I don't. I have since made different colored bracelets so this isn't as much an issue. However, I would be interested to hear what your favorite color is. I always wonder what color most people like. May be you could help me figure this one out.

Thanks
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment