Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My Treasure Find

I have recently been looking for something to use a "check out" stand at my sales.  I looked around at my last sale for ideas - there were so many.  Some were handmade from scratch, others were re-purposed items (ie. a bookshelf).  I wanted something tall enough so I didn't have to bend down so much, but I wanted it small enough so I didn't take up a tonne of room which I don't have.

My husband and I stopped in at the Salvation Army Store to see if there might be something there I could use.  We were just about to leave when I saw what looked like an old trunk on the floor.  Curiosity got the better of me and I opened it up.  It wasn't a chest but rather an old wooden cabinet with small shelves and a drawer.  After staring at it with the wheels in my brain in high gear I realized that this was exactly what I was wanting.  It had room for my packaging bags, boxes, tape, tags, as well as my money box, sales book, square reader, and everything else I need on hand.  I picked it up and knew it was for me - it wasn't even heavy.  And at $15, I couldn't pass it up.  I think my husband was a bit disappointed because I got the impression he wanted it for himself.  Oh well.  It's mine now!

The front of the cabinet.  It was laying on its back when I first saw it.  That is why I thought it was a trunk or a chest.  There are handles on either side making it easy to carry.

The inside of the cabinet.  Lots of room and I love the shelves and the little drawer.  They are even able to be moved higher or lower as I need them.  And the front lowers and provides a table-like area to wrap items I sell.
I can't wait to try it out at my next sale this Friday October 2, 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment