Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Weather and Stuff

They have been talking about snow for about a week now and today it happened. After supper a blanket of snow fell over town. It came down in large fluffy flakes. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't actually want snow this early in the year, but it was beautiful. I love to watch snow. I love to play in snow. I just don't like the other things that go along with the snow - like the cold! (Wow, it has been cold lately too. We actually had to turn on the furnace the other day.) I also don't like the shoveling, ice, crapy driving conditions and drivers due to slush, ice, and snow. Thankfully we likely won't have to put up with those things for a while. The snow is supposed to melt. I am actually surprised it didn't yet. (update: after I wrote this I went to pick up my husband from work and I just about spun in circles on the bridge it was soooo icy!)


We had to bring our bunny inside. I don't have the heart to leave him outside when it is this cold. We were told he could stay outside all winter by people who have a bunny that they keep outside all winter. I couldn't do it. We brought our old dog kennel in and set it up downstairs. So far Fluffy is quite happy and so am I.





I am working on getting as many large hole beads made as I can before my next sale. I couldn't believe how many people were interested in them at my last sale (not to mention how many I actually sold). Now that I am making them, people probably won't want them any more. I swear that is how things happen. People used to go crazy for my bookmarks. So I made a ton and now they aren't selling as much. Actually a lot of my stuff isn't selling as well as it used to and I am not quite sure why. I am guessing I just don't make the right "style" of the day. Oh, well.

I did make myself a bracelet recently that I really like. I am going to make a few more for this next sale. It is so simple but there is something about it that I love. Hopefully someone else will agree with me.


This is my bracelet. It is dark transparent grey and every other bead has pink dicro in it. It isn't as easy to see it here but it does sparkle. The one thing I like about the bracelet besides how comfy it is and how awesome the beads feel, is the way I ended it with the rings and the lobster clasp. I really like the look and the feel of this bracelet. (I don't usually brag about something I made unless I truly mean it). I am planning on making similar ones in purple and etched clear, a celtic green one, and a red and black one so far. I hope they turn out as good as I think they will and I hope even more that people will like them.

Ok, I am done.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment